Aim and Scope
The purpose of this Non-profit association can best be described by an excerpt from the IMBio constitution
(translated from German):
"Main purpose of our association is to foster biotechnology by means of methods from information technology.
This is mainly being accomplished by the following steps:
- Consulting biologists, molecular biologists, biochemists and physicians;
- Initiate and support seminars, workshops, internships and conferences covering the topics "Computer Science and Molecular Biology";
- Public events on the topic "Society and Bioinformatics";
- Releasing printed and other material covering biotechnological advances and the like;
- Participation and Support of scientific R&D activities according to our constitution."
Application for a membership
Anybody, who like to contribute to the aims of IMBio, is very wellcome to send a filled and signed application form
(in German) to moc.liamelgoog@nullveoibmi
The anual membership fee is 15€.